Oil Rig Jobs -The oil production portion of OilJobFinder includes a lengthy Question and Answer section. It provides excellent background information for those possessing little or no prior knowledge of offshore oil examination and production (E&P), including types of jobs that require no college education, the industry’s search for younger people to replace its aging work force, and more. Do you know the answers to the following questions?
• How do companies know where to look for oil and gas?
• How does the exploratory drilling process work?
• Once oil and/or gas are found, how are they produced?
• How does drilling equipment work?
• What kinds of jobs exist on rigs exist for people without college degrees?
• What are working conditions like on an onshore rig?
• What are working conditions like on an offshore rig?
• How good are opportunities for younger, inexperienced workers?
• What's the best way to get started searching for an E&P position?
• What is being done to protect the safety of rigs and rig workers?
• What is being done to protect the environment from oil spills from offshore rigs and other pollution associated with oil and gas production?
We provide detailed answers to all of those questions and carefully detail the types of jobs found on most oil rigs Jobs: roustabouts, roughnecks, motorhands, derrickhands, rotary drill operators, and rig managers.